About Me

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bad Moon Rising

I don't usually believe in omens.  But last Friday seriously made me reconsider. 

I began the day in Philadelphia, where I was visiting Mission Year team members. As I made my way to the airport, I came to a red light.  The light turned green, and just as I was ready to go, a woman and her children started slowly crossing the street, right in front of my car. 
Not being thrilled, I honked my horn.  The woman, turned, stared intently at me, and then gave me the bird (yes, right in front of her children.)  This was no. 1. 

When I returned to Atlanta, my boss met me at the airport, and after I picked up my checked luggage, informed that my job was being cut due to budget problems.  (If you haven't heard about my response, rest assured it was characteristic and memorable.)  This was no. 2.  

If I have any doubt, I  had lunch with a former professor of mine yesterday.  As we were eating, he handed me my fortune cookie.  The message inside: Be prepared to change your plans. 

Enough said. 

2 comments:

Ben Brazil said...

Ogle:

1) you have a blog? Who are you?
2) Mission year cut your job? Screw them (in the love of Christ, of course)

-brazil

Karen said...

If we end up changing plans, persuing another direction, that's ok. When it is done for us? Doesn't seem so ok does it? Keep looking.